Monday, March 30, 2009

Nesting 101- Getting the Baby Room Ready!

Nick and I finally decided to paint the baby room. You guessed it- BLUE! Here I am in my glorious painting clothes (with day-old makeup...yikes!) supervising Nick. I don't have a picture of it, but I sat in my recliner (aka: royal throne) and gave "helpful suggestions". However, I'm not quite sure he liked my suggestions... lol. :-)
Here is Nick doing the honors of taking off the painting tape. Did it turn out OK???? Since we completely ran out of paint, we really really hoped it was ok!

Here is Nick vaccuming after we painted...and showing off his man-muscles. Only real men vaccum!

And here is the semi-finished product! Nick suprised me and put the baby stuff back in the room and set it all up. Isnt' it cute!?

I still have other decorations to put up, but I don't think there's any hope if the baby comes out a girl. :-) All I have to say is...it better be a boy!


4 comments:

katie said...

MANDY....

You guys are sooooo cute. I love the nursery. I bet you are so excited. We can't wait to hear the great news of "baby Thompson's arrival"!!! We miss you guys.

Stay healthy!!! (Love your Hawaii pictures--you'll have to let us know next year when you are here)

Love,
Katie

Scott and Jamie said...

Oh, so cute... looks like you have everything already! Wow, and I thought I got the nesting phase bad. It looks so darling, love the theme you went with, it's fun to see Nick getting all worked up and excited about it. You look awesome! Hope all is going well, and I'll see you this June in Boise!!!

Nick n' Mandy Thompson said...

Yeah, I have the nesting thing pretty bad lately. I categorized the baby clothes chronologically into tupperware bins and have them labeled! It's an illness...I know... ;-) But yes- we are ready for baby to come and I haven't even had my baby shower yet! Can't wait for all the goodies from that!

The Cook Book said...

The room looks awesome. I'm so excited for you guys. Being parents is pretty amazing. I love the nursery, very cute theme!!!