Friday, August 21, 2009

Proof of a Mother's Love

So this morning I needed to get ready for the day, so after Drake was fed, burped and cuddled, I put him in this cute little outfit and put him in his little chair to watch "Baby Einstein" while I got ready. He looks so cute, huh? Well, he started to fuss (and luckily I had just finished getting ready), so I went to pick up my sweet son. He looked so happy to see me! So I bent down to unbuckly his safety straps and this is what I found.... Ahhhh!!!!!!!
How?? HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN????!!!!!
How does one even go about starting a task such as this? The only answer, the saving grace, the bathtub! :-)
So, after actually undressing him in the tub and removing 5 gallons of poop, he was a clean happy baby once again.
I thought it would be wise to document this "encounter" as proof that I really DO love my child when in 13 years he claims that I am a horrible mother and never do anything for him. Then, all I have to do is bust out these pictures and say, "No, dear, I really do love you, and here is proof why. I cleaned this up!". Lol. All in a days work, right?

5 comments:

Aubrey and Chris said...

Holy Sick! I hope that when I have a baby I will be able to stomach cleaning up nasty blowouts as well as you do. Mandy I love your blog!! So adorable!! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my list. I would love to stay updated on your sweet little family. You all seem really happy. I can't beleive how great you look after having that baby. The weight is already gone isn't it. Good for you!!

Nick n' Mandy Thompson said...

I think God must do some crazy thing to a woman's brain after she gives birth to allow her to clean up stuff that comes out of their child! Lol! Yes...holy sickness is correct! You either have to laugh, cry or take pictures. :-) Yes, please add me to your list and I'll add you to mine. And only 6 pounds left to go and there will be no proof of pregnancy left- hooray!!! Thanks for the kind words!

Brandon & Amber said...

It's amazing how many times you get and the kids get ready in just one short day!

Fifin said...

Mandy, my sweet...
You’ve always been the best "mom". Since you were 4 years old you've had a nurturing heart and spirit. I've watched you care for and love other people’s children and seen how they've loved you in return(and – yes – even your brothers). I have always known what a great mom you would be - but here you go, in typical Mandy fashion, by being even BETTER than great!

heatherann said...

Love it!!!!!